Air Fried Ice Cream
You've tried ice cream cones, ice cream sundaes and ice cream sandwiches... but what about fried ice cream? Imagine - biting into a hot crunchy coating, followed by an icy sweet relief... Now, you can try air-fried ice cream with your BRUNO Air Fryer! Enjoy the unique experience with an encapsulating crunch and ice meeting heat, all beauteously adorned with your favorite garnishings.
Delving into the deets
The combination of cornflakes and shortbread cookie crumbs gives you the perfect crunchy and buttery crust, but in the absence of these, you can use:
- digestive biscuits
- Oreo cookies
- desiccated coconut
Alternative garnishings you can consider propping atop your air fried ice cream include:
- Maraschino cherries
- chopped nuts
- hot fudge
- strawberry sauce
Keep the ice cream in the freezer as frequently as possible. Only air fry the ice cream just before serving, transferring each directly from the freezer to the air fryer to cook one-by-one.
Recipe (makes 4 servings)
- Scoop out 4 large scoops of ice cream and place them onto a chilled cupcake tray. Make sure they are spherical, pat them into shape with gloved hands if necessary.
- Place the cupcake tray into the freezer to harden the ice cream for at least 1 hour.
- Place the shortbread into a large freezer bag and crush the cookies by flattening it with a rolling pin.
- Likewise, place the cornflakes into another freezer bag and crush the cereal too.
- Mix the shortbread and cornflakes in a large mixing bowl. Beat the egg in a medium mixing bowl. Finally, place the flour in a wide bowl and order these components side-by-side to prepare for breading.
- When the ice cream is frozen solid, retrieve it from the fridge. One-by-one, Roll each ice cream ball in the flour, dunk it in egg, then toss it in the shortbread-cereal crumbs to coat them.
- Place the breaded ice cream back onto the cupcake tray, and return it to the fridge to set for another hour.
- After the hour is up, bread the ice cream balls again, covering them in egg and the crumbs once more, in that order. Then place it in the fridge for a final freeze (at least 1 hour).
- Just prior to dessert time, preheat the air fryer at 200 ℃ for 5 minutes.
- Once the preheat has concluded, line the basket of your BRUNO Air Fryer with aluminum foil, retrieve an ice cream ball from the freezer and place it into the centre of the air fryer basket, then close it up. Set the air fryer to cook at 200 ℃ for 2 minutes.
- When the cook time is up, quickly retrieve the fried ice cream and transfer it to a serving bowl with a pair of tongs.