Cheesy Ghost Meatballs👻
Halloween is approaching and here's a meatball recipe to try!
Your guests would be haunting you for more ;-)
This is a simple dish to whip up any other day or add on the decorations for a spooky party dish👻
This recipe is based on the BRUNO compact hotplate with the flat plate attachment.
Ingredients (for about 4 people)
★ 300g minced meat
★ 50g Yellow onion (chopped)
★ 1 Tablespoon Milk
★ 1 Egg
★ Pinch of salt and pepper to season
■ <Tomato sauce base>
1/4 yellow onion (approx 1/4)
Drizzle of olive oil / any vegetable oil
☆ 1 can of diced tomato can (400g)
☆ 80ml water
☆ 2 Teaspoons Consomme granules (soup stock)
☆ 1/2 Tablespoon sugar
☆ 2 Tablespoons Ketchup
2-4 pieces of sliced cheese (can be cheddar/swiss/ any sliced cheese you like!)
Some paprika (red / yellow)
Some nori sheet (seaweed) for decoration
How to make:
1. <Meatballs> Place ★ in a bowl, combine and mix well. Knead until it is slightly sticky. Divide into 8 equal parts (about 50g each).
2. <Tomato sauce base> Thinly slice onions.
3. <Topping> Slice paprikas and cut out nori sheet into ghost's face and set aside.
4. Heat up BRUNO compact hotplate on [HI] with the flat plate on.
5. Drizzle some oil and stir fry sliced onions till they turn soft and translucent.
6. Add ☆ to step 5 and combine everything.
7. Add in meatballs and cover with lid. Turn the heat to [MED] and cook for about 5mins
8. Open and check if the color of meatball has changed. Turn meatballs over and close the lid, turn heat down to [LOW] and cook for another 5 mins or until brown and fully cooked.
9. Turn off the heat and cover meatballs with sliced cheese. Arrange the sliced paprikas around as well then cover the lid for about 1-2mins.
10. Open lid and add on the nori sheet decorations you've cut out previously and placed it on to the cheese.
11. Serve as it is or with a side of boiled pasta and penne. You can also add in other toppings like cherry tomatoes or cut out bat shapes with nori sheet to decorate.
Let us know if you try this out and remember to share with us your creation at #brunosgmoments