For the other parts of the world, the weather is turning colder as we move towards the end of the year.
However, Singapore's pretty much the same throughout😂
But!! Nothing's gonna stop us from sharing this amazing, rich pumpkin stew with you!!
Imagine after a long day of work, you return home to this warm creamy pot of goodness... Pair it with some crispy on the outside, soft on the inside baguette and a few flutes of white wine...🥂
The perfect way to wind down!
Ingredients (for about 4 people)
■ <Pumpkin stew>
150g Chicken breast (or any other parts of the chicken you prefer, you can also replace with other meat if you like.)
1 Medium yellow onion
Drizzle of vegetable oil
100-130g White stew roux (Instant ones can be purchased from Japanese supermarkets, either in cream/cube form. Or you can find recipes online to make this from scratch!)
Appropriate amount of carrot, pumpkin, fishcake, nori sheet (seaweed)
1. Cut meat into bite sized chunks.
2. Remove pumpkin skin and cut into bite sized chunks.
3. Place it in a microwave safe bowl and cover with microwave safe plastic wrap. Cook at 600w for about 5 mins. (Alternative is to steam the pumpkins till tender.)
4. Cut 1/3 of the pumpkin into 2cm cubes and crush the others with a masher.
5. Thinly slice the onions. Chop carrots into pieces and cut out shapes if desired. Cut broccoli into small branches and boil it.
6. Heat up BRUNO compact hotplate on [HI] with the ceramic pot (steamboat/nabe pot) on.
7. Drizzle some vegetable oil and stir fry chicken, onions and carrots.
8.Add water and simmer until the carrot is cooked. Add in mashed pumpkin and mix.
9. Add milk and let the stew come to a boil. Turn heat to [LOW].
10. Stir in white stew roux and add in the pumpkin cubes and broccoli.
11. <Toppings> Cut carrots into slices and boil it. Then cut out shapes. Have thinly sliced pumpkin as toppings as well. Cut fish cake into ghost shapes and decorate with nori sheet. (You can substitute the fishcake with cheese slices instead and have a cheesy pumpkin stew if you'd like)
12. Arrange toppings and serve with rice or baguette!