Soups 101 — Cheesy Broccoli Soup
Cheesy Broccoli Soup headlines part 2 of our single-serving soup series, with its striking green shade, and complex herbaceous undertones, it’s a tasty and healthful way to use up leftover greens. With a few simple ingredients and the BRUNO Hot Soup Blender’s one-touch Blended Soup function, you'll be sipping soup in no time!
Plating with an island of creamy goat cheese (chèvre) and a generous shaving of aged parmesan spruces up the humble soup, amounting to a healthful and delectable pampering; the mealtime love letter to your body that it’s been owed.
Delving into the details
Considering the predominantly vegetal foundations of this soup, we found that the addition of tart goat cheese and briny-umami parmesan serve a brightening accompaniment to the green soup. Feel free swap this out for vegan cheese, steamed tempeh, or omit the dairy altogether if you aren’t a fan.
Broccoli stars in this dish, highlighting its earthy profile. Of course you can substitute it with any of the other leafy greens in the mustard plant family (i.e. kale, kai lan, and broccolini) without a dramatic variance in flavour.
The chicken broth in this soup may be swapped for vegetable stock to transform it into velvety vegetarian fare. Similarly the cheese can be switched to vegan alternatives to make the dish entirely plant-based.
- Add onions, broccoli, and leek to your BRUNO Hot Soup Blender up to the Max line.
- Season with salt and fill the blender with chicken stock to the Max line.
- Cover and set the blender to its BLENDED SOUP function. Leave it to run its course (20 - 30 minutes).
- In the center of a wide soup dish, place the piece of goat cheese (optional).
- When the soup has cooked to completion, gently pour it into the dish, avoid splashing soup over the top of the cheese so its surface remains visible.
- Shave parmesan over the soup with a vegetable peeler and garnish with toasted almond slivers, black pepper, and extra virgin olive oil.