Marshmallow Cornflake Joys
This one's the perfect crunchy, munchy, DIY goody for your little ones, that's sure to bring out the inner child in you too!
These Cornflake Joys are a cinch to make! Just melt fluffy marshmallows in your Takoyaki plate's fortuitously shaped divots and mix in the cornflakes for this sweet, yummy, and super simple spherical snack!
Delving into the deets
Keep an eye on these joys
Be careful not to burn the marshmallows and butter! Toggle the temperature down if some of your cornflake joys seem to be heating up too fast. Ensure they are fully melted before adding the cornflakes, and mix well to make shaping them easier.
Aside from sesame seeds, you can attempt to add other yummy bits and bobs into these cornflake joys like: chocolate chips, gummy bears, rainbow sprinkles, and chopped walnut. Sprinkle these on the joys just prior to removing them from the hotplate and let your creativity run wild!
Recipe (Makes 24)
- Mix white and black sesame seeds together.
- Place one marshmallow and 3g of butter into each takoyaki mould, then toggle the heat to [LOW] to melt them.
- When the marshmallow is molten, add ~ 1 tsp of the sesame seed mixture into each mould and mix well with a bamboo skewer.
- Add 1 tbsp of corn flakes into each hole, mix and shape with a bamboo skewer.
- After shaping, remove from heat and set aside on a piece of baking paper to cool and harden.